We’re very excited about being together with you all in Podsreda soon and enjoy some quality time together!
Here’s some basic info -
Please let us know if and from where you travel by car!
- take South Motorway A2 till Graz
- turn to E59 toward Maribor continue straight on motorway
- turn off the the highway at Dramlje and turn right at first crossroad toward Šentjur
- in Šentjur turn left towards Šmarje pri Jelšah
- drive ca. 15 min through Šentvid pri Grobelnem, Šmarje pri Jelšah
- in Mestinje turn toward Podčetrtek
- drive through Podčetrtek and turn right in Bistrica ob Sotli toward Podsreda
- Turn left by the sign Podsreda and drive through the village uphill
- turn left on the top of the hill by the sign for the castle
- continue through the forest to the castle
- you can drive into the courtyard of the castle
- set it for Dramlje
- then for Podčetrtek
- then for Podsreda Castle
(if you set if for Podsreda castle it will take you on very hard road)
For the others:
We will organize a shuttle from Vienna to Celje.
Please confirm if you are traveling by shuttle!
THINGS TO BRING:
- Warm clothes
- Rain coat or umbrella
- Good hiking shoes
- rubber Flipflops (for canyoning)
- Bathing clothes (if you want)
- Big towel
- Sun and insect repellent
- comfortable clothes for Yoga
! We will provide yoga matts - it will cost 25€ and our dear yoga teacher Sylvia will bring them!
Please let me know if you have one already and bring it along!
We will practice moderate and custom tailored yoga with Sylvia, who is a violinist and yoga teacher - we strongly encourage everyone to take part in the morning class.
The class will be accessible to everyone, beginners and pros - its a wonderful opportunity to get to know this way of movement and philosophy, we hope that you’re on board!
Massages with our wonderful Valentina will be included in the time being for everyone, 30 min per person. If you want more extra at your own expense, please talk to her on the spot!
The Vegetarian food will be freshly prepared by Andrej with our help - he will also cook together with us and you can learn a lot of beautiful recipes and cooking methods!
The idea of the retreat is to detox from our daily life and calibrate ourselves through silence and nature. An important aspect of that is our phones and internet connection. We strongly encourage you all to either keep your phones shut or leave them in your room. We will avoid them at any common activities such as meals and walks, that includes taking pictures! If you need to check emails please do it discretely, there is a hotspot by (not in) the castle.
We will encourage silent walks, reflective time and a possibility for meditation, together or alone. Please be sensitive to the nature and silence around us - its precious! :)
Please let me know if you have any more questions!